Monday, February 28, 2011

Too much blood

My mood brightened a little this morning and throughout the day. I took my mom's advice and wore some color (she says it always makes her more cheery.) And I wore my happy earrings :-) They look more like the old Wal-Mart logo, but it's still the same basic message.


After an inservice this morning (which, frankly, didn't do anyone much good. It was an impromptu session geared to help the newbies with any of their questions. Because we haven't actually taught yet, it's difficult to know what questions to ask. So yeah.) After the session in which I doodled wonderful psychedelic  things in my notebook, the new teachers went with the boss to get our ARCs (Alien Registration Cards.) We spent a decent amount of the afternoon being poked, prodded, stuck with needles, made to pee in TWO cups (that's a lot of urine, p.s.) and they took 4 VIALS OF BLOOD. I almost died. I was bruised pretty badly and my arm still hurts. Proof:


Work ended and I walked in the misty, nastiness to E-Mart. I bought two pairs of "menswear" pants (pretty inexpensive because they weren't hemmed, but I don't mind that extra bit of work for $3 and $5 pants,) and a nice beige cardigan that will go with everything and I will wear all the ding-dong time. Also purchased, was an ironing board. Can't be looking wrinkly! I paid a little too much for blue Christmas lights - but I really, really, wanted some for my apartment. It's always a little homier with campy Christmas lights.

I got home, hopped down to the convenient store beneath my apartment and bought roach traps and Pringles!!


However, they're shaped kind of funny and are a tad smaller than U.S. Pringles. Everything is smaller in Korea.



1 comment:

  1. Haha, I like the pictures :) And I hate it when people take my blood, too. I always feel like I'm going to pass out. Glad to see you're doing well though. Love you!

    ReplyDelete