Sunday, February 20, 2011

Apartment Pictures

I was hesitant to post pictures of my personal living space because it's not where I want it to be, decorating-wise...but per request, here's my new abode.

When I first saw it, my jaw dropped and I wanted to cry. I've lived in tiny rooms before, but this is like reverting back to a dorm room. However, After I unpacked, settled in and four days have passed, it's beginning to grow on me.



The view from my bed. Notice the gaudy comforter; that was here when I arrived. The school was sweet enough to give me some kind of bedding, and although I think it looks atrocious, bedding of any kind is ridiculously expensive. That's one less thing I have to blow my money on. There is a tv on the floor and because I don't watch tv, (ever,) I'm brainstorming ways that I can disguise it instead of having it take up space on my floor.

One thing you can't tell from looking at this picture is that, these floors are heated (!!!) I'm in love with that idea, since I always have cold feet (literally, not necessarily metaphorically.) 




That's my wardrobe in the corner - very convenient and holds all my clothes/shoes. A drying rack is hanging on the wall to the right. I don't have a clothes dryer, so everything comes out of the washer and lays on my table/chairs/drying rack. A sliding glass door separates my "kitchen" from the bedroom. I'm not sure why that's there, expect to keep the cool air from the window over there.



Bathroom! Tiny, tiny. The shower head is running from the sink to right next to the window. This is my shower. The water runs down and I get clean in front of the sink - no shower curtain required! The water gets everywhere, but it's meant to and drains beneath the sink. Pretty nifty. Although I miss the option of a bath...


Leigh Margaret in her natural element.


View into the kitchen.


Microwave, washer, and refrigerator. 


Everything and the kitchen sink. Notice the Nutella ;-) My little cooking/hot pot thing doesn't work. So I'm eating bread and fruit and eating out until that can be fixed. I'm dying for some rice and thai peanut sauce!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm thinking your apartment is in need of some serious wall hangings. :) It's quaint though! Have you thought of asking the "whoever are in charge of housing folks" just to take the TV out for you?

    Lisa J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice - I think I'll do that. And YES I need artwork so badly! When I get some free time, I'll work on some watercolor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how they would feel about you painting a mural. :) :) :)

    Lisa J

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted pictures! It's going to look so great and cozy by the time you get finished with it, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thanks, lady! I'm glad you posted up pictures, because once you decorate it there will be awesome before-after looks! (:

    Also: NUTELLA. YES.

    Also also: love the comforter. Very "Leigh Margaret" (;

    Also also also: bathroom that doubles as a shower?! That's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Diana - if you ever get a chance to visit SoKo, DO IT. You would love it! Oh and if I can explain the comforter...that was here already here (as a gift from the school, which I am very grateful for) but I would not choose that color haha. My momma is being so kind to send a duvet so I can have things my way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be great - I think I will. And yes I need the art so difficult! When I get some free time, I'll be working on some watercolor
    dorm bedding .

    ReplyDelete