Friday, February 18, 2011

Can we say Overwhelmed...?

An 8 am morning on Wednesday, a flight out to Chicago that evening, a layover lasting until 2 am (Eastern time), a 14 hour flight with barely any sleep, a skipped Thursday (time change drama), a four hour bus ride to Gwangju, a quick tour of my apartment, the new school and lunch with the boss - left one emotion-filled girl in apartment 301. Wow. I am so thankful that my friend, Danielle, was here the whole time. She put me at ease and calmed me down when I wanted to run away, back to the US.

I rearranged my apartment, burned some incense to mask the doggy-greasy-man smell, and now I'm settling in with my favorite comfort movie, Sense and Sensibility. Life is ok. God is good. He's right here with me, and that's all I need. My whole life was stuffed into three bags and now I'm in a strange country that doesn't speak my language...many of my friends were right to label me courageous - but I think the word is crazy. I'm absolutely stark raving mad. And I'm ok. God has provided everything I need and He's got it all under control.

Good night, Gwangju.

(I miss you, Mom)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are there safely! Praying your adjustment goes smoothly! *Hug!

    ReplyDelete