Monday, February 14, 2011

Ramen Cravings

I don't think that I've ever tasted a decent bowl of Ramen noodles and broth. Sure, sure, there's the .90 cups that get a body through college and other times of similar poverty, but now I have this intense hankering for a Ramen broth. My wonderful friend, Katie, is always suggesting new movies and shows, since I recently signed up for Netflix. Tonight's movie was The Ramen Girl. Very entertaining. Cheesy, as I was warned, but still fun.

I realize that Japan (where the movie was set) is an entirely different animal than Korea - - I get it - - but it's somewhat akin, right? I thought I would be indulgent with my eastern fantasies. Soon enough I'll be totally submerged in a culture whose first language is not English. This will be interesting.

I'm surprised that the movie was made in 2008. The costumes felt slightly dated - and yet still intrigued me. {For those that don't know, I made my college career about costume design, so that's usually what I notice in a film. Well, it's one of the things. And I will gush:

 Abby (Brittany Murphy's character) always happened to look cute - even when she was supposed to look "a mess." Oh Hollywood, when will you be realistic? I digress.




 She wears this adorable denim apron all throughout the movie - made me want to make one for myself! Except I don't cook nearly enough to need one. I am messy enough to need one, though...
I'm digging the scarf and textured sweater. Is it fair to assume it's knit? I wish I had the patience to make it.

...and the hat's not my favorite. But the coat was cute when not obstructed by the onions.

Annnnndddddd during the movie, I was busy knitting a tubular, infinity scarf. It's a wool/acrylic 20/80 blend. Hopefully the wool won't overpower the knit and make my neck feel like I'm wearing a hay bale. I will post a picture of the finished product. Eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment