Saturday, February 26, 2011

Graduation and Staff Dinner

The pork worked itself out. I felt a little funky from eating it, and Chana got sick - I think that's enough of a sign for me to stay the heck away from it.

Yesterday was graduation; long. day. Eesh. I'm glad that it's out of the way. I was able to interact with the kids, get to know them better and get an idea of what I get to help with next year. As it was, I had nothing to do except watch the other teachers corral their kids and sit through the 3-hour graduation show and ceremony. Here are some photos Chana took yesterday at graduation:


These kids were excited to give me a high fives and were making a game out of jumping high enough to hit my hand.



This is MJ and me trying to figure out how to eat all of this strange food! Unfortunately, this was the meal that made Chana sick and me scared for my stomach. One of the Korean teachers from my school is sitting to my left (the right and a little out of the picture.) He was helpful in teaching us how to assemble our food. We had to put the cooked meat, garlic, mushrooms or onions with sauce into a lettuce leaf. Very interesting and rather tasty. Just an unsettling after-effect.

Today, I'm going to try another church with Danielle and her husband Stephen. I'm so thankful that they live semi-close to me. I knew Danielle back in the States and she's been such a blessing in my short time here already.

No comments:

Post a Comment