Sunday, February 20, 2011

The First Real Excursion

Danielle stayed the night and we took a cab to try out a church this morning. We had sketchy directions from facebook which led us to this empty room. After we went back downstairs and happened across another foreigner on the street, we were able to find the building. It was a small service, but these people were genuine, welcoming and filled with the spirit! I would definitely be willing to go back and try it again. They really made me feel at home. I almost cried for Ignite, though. I miss that church like crazy.


As far as choosing a church goes, I want to be cautious in committing too soon to one. When I get involved in a church body, I like to give a lot of my time and energy. However, I've made the mistake before of becoming   heavily involved before knowing what they're all about, or exploring my other options. I just need to pray that God will continue to lead me in the right direction. He definitely had his hand on us this morning - the message was fantastic. Extremely relevant, included some of my life verses (Romans 8:28 and Jeremiah 29:11,) and affirmed what I said in the previous post: God is more interest in your character than he is in your comfort. Thank you, God!

 
One of the streets of Gwangju


This is where I live - one of the alleyways near my apartment building. The streets are very small (only wide enough for one car at a time) and the whole place has a stinky, fishy, close smell. I often forget how smelly cities are; not ideal for me, having such a sensitive nose, but my love of bustling places negates all of that.


Danielle took my picture on the street my apartment lives on. This is my new home.


The driveway up to my building.


Another angle of a nearby alley.


I'm floor number three!

1 comment:

  1. ah! love your posts! more pictures!! i want to see your apartment, lady!

    ReplyDelete