Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rainy Afternoon

This sounds dumb - I was surprised when I saw the rain today. I've only been here a week, and there's been no precipitation. I realized that they get rain in South Korea, too :-)

I tried a new church this morning with Danielle and Stephen. They had to leave before the service let out, so I was on my own for a bit - until I connected with this great couple, Matt and Kristen. SO NICE. I was asking how to get to a well-known Indian restaurant and after they offered to show me, they asked me to just come back to their place for lunch. I was floored by their generosity! They're letting me borrow a toaster and some guide books for South Korea...really, these people are so genuine and friendly. I hope that we can be better friends in the future. Tuesday night is some get together with a friend of theirs at church, which I was invited to. Since Tuesday is a holiday, I think I'll join. I just have so much joy right now! And so thankful that God put them in my path today.

Because it's gloomy this afternoon (and I don't mean that in a negative way - I adore rainy days,) I'm settling in with some Swiss Miss, The Lovely Bones, and just demolished a medium cheese pizza.



For the record, since I took this picture, those last two pieces are gone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment