Monday, February 21, 2011

Training Day 1

I wasn't quite prepared to be training across town this morning, but I am glad to have begun my work here! I walked with a few of the other teachers to the LCI Kid's Club location where I will eventually work, only I was quickly whisked away to the location on the other side of Gwangju for training. Our location is getting ready for their graduation this Saturday and so there's barely any reason to observe classes that are putting learning on hold to prepare their songs for the ceremony this weekend.

I don't want to speak too soon, but - - oh well, here it is: I love kids! I was able to shadow several teachers today and I adored watching the classroom. These babies are sweet and rambunctious and precocious and fun. I'm excited to get my own classroom. I know I will love them.

The day looked like it might stretch on forever at 9:30am, but after we were dismissed at 5:50pm, I was pleased that it flew by. Chana and I made another E-Mart trip. We walked this time; which was nice on my legs, already tired from the jog I went on this morning. That's ok. I need to feel some physical strain - it's good for me. The walk down there was about 20 minutes and quite brisk. I bought a few more things for my apartment, like a dishrack, dish towels, a small plant, and I treated myself to two new fish! I had Beaton, my betta fish, back in Greenville. I loved him. I wish that he could have come with me, but that wouldn't have been a convenient way for either of us to travel. SO, I thought I'd get myself some housewarming fish. They are bright blue and pink and cute as anything.


Now, my feet are aching from being on them all day and I'm ready to pass out. I'm not looking forward to waking up early. I'll relish the day that the after-effects of jet lag decide to leave me alone so I can straighten out my sleep schedule and be in bed past 6am.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment