Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I was on such a life-high last night. I went after to work to meet some friends that I met at church a few weeks ago. We ate at First Nepal, an Indian restaurant downtown. Several awesome things came to light:

- Downtown is amazing. I feel stupid that I haven't seen it until now. It's like a festival! I saw it at night, so perhaps it was more impressive with the bright lights - but there were clothing stores like mad in several maze-like alleyways. Pictures to follow, when I go there on Saturday.

- I am exponentially grateful to God for giving me a desire for adventure + a great sense of direction. I mean he could have given me one without the other. That would have made for a very enthusiastic lost person, or someone who always knows where the kitchen is in conjunction to the bedroom. (That is to say that I would never bother leaving my house.) I hopped on the 98 bus to go downtown, with some vague directions from the interwebs and some coworkers on how to find First Nepal. I had to ask a girl who spoke no English if downtown (Shi-ney) was here, at this stop (Yogi-oh.) She said yes (Ne.) Then I stopped a gorgeous foreigner with a beautiful British accent where, along the street, was the restaurant(?) Only after I walked away did his beauty hit me. Pity I was in a hurry.

- There is a guitar shop immediately next to the bus stop downtown. I can go on Saturday and have my guitar fixed for under 15,000 won! (That's about $15.)

- I am making friends :-) At least, I hope they feel the same way. I think I mentioned this couple in an earlier post: I met them at church and they invited me to their home for lunch after the service. Amazing hospitality, generosity and so genuine. The wife and I were making plans to possibly visit Busan and try the famous naked spas...! That would be fun. Not necessarily for being naked, but come on - it's a SPA. Can we say I need this every day of my life?!

In other news, I've been longing for dreadlocks again...I never thought I'd have the desire after trying them for four months (and loving them but being made to remove them to be in a show) and trying them again for about two weeks, a year later (which didn't work out because it was summer and I was in chlorine all the time. I also had a boyfriend that disapproved. Something I will never do again...have a boyfriend that influences what I do with my hair.) I'm thinking along these lines maybe...?




I know they're not all my hair color and definitely not the same length, but maybe after the year is out, I can try them again. The next time around, I've vowed to use dread pepper, which dries the hair while making it mat, unlike the wax which weighs it down and gets all over EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment