Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And then there was one...


Yeah, yeah, I know, Cotton died a while ago. Candy and I were just reminiscing about those wonderful two days that he was alive. She's really resilient. Been through a lot, that pink fish has.

Today was much better. I was in a better mood, the day went faster, my kids were more enjoyable to work with. We sang more. They love "John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt" and "Mr. Sun." I sang the last one to them because there's a boy in the class who goes by "Sun." I also rewrote some other songs to fit with the kids names: "Hey, Jade, don't make it bad - take a sad song, and make it better..." and "It's a jolly holiday with Jolly." Yes, there's a girl named "Jolly." I didn't name my kids; whoever had them for their first year did that. I've got a Candy and a Sandy, and I want to kill the person that named one of the girls Christina. It take her forever to write her name. Grrr.

Today marks the one month anniversary that I've been out of the states! I hopped on the plane to Chicago February 16, and now it's a whole month later. I can barely believe it. I'm not complaining in the least. Now if only the other eleven months can go at the same speed...

3 comments:

  1. Happy one month! Wow time goes fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. teachers get to name kids... what? how does that work?

    glad to hear you're doing well! love your blog and all the updates and pictures! keep writing!! i'm praying (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get to teach kids that are new at LCI, you get to give them English names! I was little bummer that I didn't get to name anyone, but my kids are so well-behaved compared to the younger students.

    Hey - I'm so sorry you don't feel well. Praying your recovery. You've been sick for a while now...!

    ReplyDelete