Saturday, March 5, 2011

Love.

Here's a hug


And a kiss


To all of my friends and family. To everyone that has been keeping up with me by following this blog. To everyone who has been skyping me at random hours of your day or night so that it might be convenient for me. To everyone who has written long, loving messages and wallposts on facebook. You have not gone unappreciated. I adore you. I miss you. I love you fiercely. I cannot thank you enough for pouring into my life. 

A friend was encouraging me earlier about loneliness. I had to stop and determine whether or not I had felt lonely since I arrived. I have to admit that it's rare nowadays for me to feel alone. I've learned that God is my constant companion. Only a broken heart was able to point me towards that intimacy. I'm not sure if the continual contact with friends and family has played an integral role in my comfort here, or if it's God's presence in my life. Maybe both? I would like to think that if I was cut off from everyone back home that I would be alright. I don't know. I am thankful for social networking, though ;-)

Since I'm on the mend from my sickness, my future here is looking much brighter! I was being dismal to my family and complaining about everything. It seemed my whole life was falling apart, when really, I just needed to take some antibiotics and sleep. Thank you, family for listening to me whine and be wimpy. I'll try to curb that from now on.

3 comments:

  1. It was amazing to talk to you last night. You are so loved! God is taking care of you over there. I was watching this today and I thought it was pretty good; maybe you'd like to check it out. Steven Furtick for the win! Watch the one about honor. It was great. http://www.elevationchurch.org/sermons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sister!!! Anytime you want to complain to me, I'm here :) I really think you're adjusting to life over there really well though. I'm proud. And you're right, you're never alone because God is with you ALWAYS. I love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not a whiner....quit being so tough on yourself. You're resilient, upbeat, engaging, smart, funny, and a generally wonderful person. so stop it! :)

    Lisa J

    ReplyDelete