Thursday, March 3, 2011

101.2



That's right, ladies and gentlemen. A fever, on my first day of teaching. I was feeling fine this morning (other than the usual disorientation about life and being in a totally different country that doesn't speak my language...) and went through my first class. I think the headache hit me at lunch time. And a twinge of a sore throat. I made it through the day without complaining too much (because honestly, what good does that do? It makes everyone else feel negative and they can't help you aside from giving you Tylenol. The day must go on.) I did complain a little to Kajal, who was kind and offered me medicine. I declined only because I would rather my body fight whatever this is, until I absolutely have to take something. I felt chilled in the afternoon and realized that I had a slight fever. Fortunately, I only taught one afternoon class, and will continue to do so on Tuesdays and Thursdays. With the one class, I was able to sit in front of a computer to work on vocabulary words, instead of exerting energy with teaching. Thumbs up!

In other news - the kids are WONDERFUL. I love them all. I mean, of course there are some stinkers that don't listen or are too loud or tell on other students, but through their naughtiness, they are all so sweet. I ended up singing random songs that they knew during one activity. We had circle time and I taught them easy English things. Being the first day, we're not as strict with the lesson plans. I teach a 6-year-old 2nd year (which are really 4-year-olds in the US), so their English is pretty decent. And they call my Margy Teacher. Love.

My afternoon class consists of older elementary kids. They're not quite to the age of being too cool for anything, so that's good. I was able to be more myself around them...which I guess would be more chill and have less Snow White-ish voice.

I'm here in my bed. Updating facebook and whatnot. Maybe I'll nap for a bit. I'm praying that tomorrow I feel better. I cannot be sick until the weekend. Just one more day, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment