Saturday, March 19, 2011

Downtown



I wandered over to get my guitar fixed yesterday. Here's a pic of near the bus stop. Busy, busy!


There was a wonderful, smoky smell in some of the back, less-crowded alleys - I found the culprit. Looked to be pork...can't eat it, but I love the aroma! Reminded me of ren faires with my sisters :-)


I found a really inexpensive clothing store - so big too! You never would have guessed that it was smashed into this little alley. All the other stores are shallow, but I walked in and this one just kept going!


I like this sewing machine. This store was ridiculously expensive. I walked in, almost had a heart attack when I looked at a price tag, and then found this machine. This little antique was the redemption the store needed. I took a picture and the store-owner was fussy. Oh well.


Weird giraffe is weird.


Mountains in the distance. One of these weekends, I WILL hike one.


When I went to pick up the guitar after the fixing, the little old lady that helped me asked if I wanted a case. I said no, I didn't need one. Then she said, "I have this for you - it's old, but it is gift!" and then I took my guitar home in a beat-up leather case. I was touched. And really, I'd rather it be second hand. Who the heck likes things that are brand-new? Eesh.


Some of my spoils of the day.

1 comment:

  1. it does my heart good to hear that you're well and having fun! LOVE the pictures and the captions. I vote you "model" some of your "spoils"! haha :P

    ReplyDelete