Monday, March 7, 2011

Shall I clarify, Michael Etheridge?

In my last post, I don't believe I was saying anything against wine. I was wondering why the Bible was so clear that the wine was made from ceremonial washing water. I know there is some discussion in that alone. On the subject of alcohol...

I see nothing wrong with alcohol. Jesus drank wine. It tastes very good. It's healthy to drink it, on occasion. I've got my own beliefs about how much is too much, legal drinking age, drunkenness, etc. etc. (Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to condone, praise, judge, point fingers or condemn. These are merely my opinions.) Believe me, I've had my fun and I'm sure many other Christians have as well - they're just a tad too ashamed to admit it. However, my recent decision to stop drinking alcohol altogether came due to health reasons. My body literally cannot handle alcohol. I found that with even the slightest amount that I will be vomiting later that night. I think it's because of my gall bladder...but that's not important. Maybe this is God's way of preventing me from becoming an alcoholic (it is genetic, and it does run in my family. Eesh.) The fact is, I choose not to drink. That does not mean I think anyone who drinks is going to hell. So, basically, there's my refutation about the wine section of my post, although I think I only mentioned the word, and not that I had a problem with it.

Make sense?

6 comments:

  1. Yes. Makes perfect sense. Now pass me that wine glass before I lose my buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not commenting to your "post" in general. You talked about wine and i was pointing out a great fact about the old testament and new i had been reading up on before. I thought it ironic so i commented ;) I was not disagreeing on anything haha.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do feel important that you said my name on here ;)I just made me a blog page up here cause it seems neat. ....keep you updated home slice.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh, Seattle.

    Michael, if you made a blog, where is it, and why aren't you posting under it, and why aren't you following me?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, i am new this deal ha. I cant figure it out. I forgot how to get to my blog. Im frustrated ahhh.....! ;)

    Michael

    ReplyDelete