Sunday, March 13, 2011

buzzing like neon

Every time I pass by this love motel, I think of the song by John Mayer. It's so loud with buzzing.


SO, ya know, just jammin' in my room, getting my apartment in order for the week, rockin' out to The Edgar Winter Group, having a dance party by myself :-P I certainly miss having a roommate, but I get to do all the weird things I was ashamed of doing before. No. I take that back. I was just as weird when I lived with you, Nicky. And you didn't judge me so there was no shame. Yep. Still weird.


I had a great time visiting Danielle and Stephen. Here are some picks of the bus ride back to Gwangju:

Leaving Jinju


Dirty bus window. As you can see, I stuck my nose ring in for the weekend. I'm using my retainer for it during the week because I intend to keep the $40 hole I put in my face. I can see myself wanting to don a ring after the year is over, so waste not! The weekends are when I can go wild heh heh.


This doesn't begin to convey how vast the landscape was. I would say it's almost pretty...




Towards the end of the bus ride, there was a weird animal channel on that was showing birds and their courtship/mating habits. It was really awkward. I think on the screen is a bird puffing out his chest...but you can never be sure with birds...


2 comments:

  1. I'm probably gonna be sorry I asked this, but what is a Love Motel, and how did you know that's what it was?

    Lisa J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love motels: here in SoKo it's illegal to have an affair. However, it still goes on. Motels do their best to make it convenient for the unfaithful: they put curtains over the parking garages, and covers over the license plates so that their cars won't be recognize. Most of the motels are quite lovely - they just tend to be used for the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete