Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ouvrez la Fenetre



"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.


Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9-10


I don't speak French very well. I wish I did. I wish so badly that I was fluent. I even took a French 1001 class my last semester of college because I thought it would jumpstart me in the language. It did, but unless I keep it up some other way, all my puny knowledge of it with vanish.


When you're learning a language, your brain doesn't stop wanting to learn it. Class would come and go but sometimes I would get a word stuck in my head, like "ajourd-hui," which means "today." Another sign that your mind is trying desperately to pick it up is if you dream in that language.


Now, as I said before, I am by no means fluent - but I had an amazing dream a few months ago. I was making some long-term decisions about life after undergrad and feeling like I was floundering. When I had this dream that the phrase "Ouvrez la fenetre," (Open the window) was spoken, I felt like everything became clear. I think God was saying - "Just let go. Let that door close, let me open a window for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment