Monday, January 30, 2012

Dreams

Mine have been so vivid the past couple of nights. My mom is always berating me about discussing my dream life, saying, "You put too much stock in your dreams...!" Ok, ok. There was a time when I was trying to analyze every single dream and I was a little obsessed. It's not the dream we should worship, but the Dream-giver. I get it. But God did use dreams as a way to speak to people. He still does, I'm sure. I just need to pray for the wisdom to discern between his voice and undigested dinner.

This one has stuck with me though: Twice in the last few months I've dreamed about our family friends, the Martin Family. Not sure why - but I'll be sure to pray. Grace, I know you read this from time to time, so you'll be surprised to know that in my dream, Hope was fluent in Korean! And so was the rest of your family ^_^

The next part of my dream I was having open heart surgery. Probably from watching too many medical dramas. Or...it reminds me of that verse: Take from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh."

Finally, I dreamed about getting two more tattoos. In my dream (and in waking life, too) they were some that I had been planning and I wanted something specific. Split to after the tattoos are completed, and I'm admiring my forearm and hand (because for some reason, that's where they ended up) and I thought, "Well shoot, this was not what I wanted at all!" After examining them for a bit, I said, "Ah well - - no use crying over it" and actually appreciated them for their beauty, and forgot about my original ideas, that I had worked so hard to plan out.


2 comments:

  1. I love dream interpretation. Jesus doesn't give me dreams anymore unless there's a purpose because I always analyze them, haha. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's really interesting. I've been dreaming a lot lately too but random and wild and I never remember them when I wake up. I do believe that the Lord still uses dreams to speak to people. I had a friend tell me once that God doesn't speak in dreams any more, that was only in Bible times. I have to disagree because I truly believe that whatever way the Lord needs to get the message across to you, He'll do it.

    ReplyDelete