Tuesday, January 24, 2012

5 Weeks

I promise not every post from now on will be counting down the weeks. It's just that I still can't wrap my mind around it! This is my own way of hitting myself over the head so as to fully comprehend.

I'm looking forward to going back to these things:
-Seeing my family
-Eating that nasty, delicious, box-mix cake with Betty Crocker icing
-Eating real pizza
-Baking anything I want in an oven
-Shopping at Target/Wal-Mart/or any other large store where I will be drowning in English
-Visiting ECU, NYC, Asheville, and Florida friends, which means LOTS of roadtripping (that's not even a word, but I just made it one. BAM)
-Driving
-Hugging lots of people (that I know, of course; unless I feel extra friendly and grab a couple of strangers...)
-Warmer weather
-Planning my sister's wedding
-Seeing what God has planned next

Things I'm sad to leave behind:
-My students. Namely, Max and Alex Kim, Jade, Christina, Sandy, Sun, David, Candy, and Johnny
-That I don't have to pay for gasoline, a car payment, or insurance
-That I don't have to pay for rent
-Downtown Gwangju/the shopping/the moseying/the bright lights and festival feeling you get when walking down the alleyways at nights. It's not as sketch as it sounds, I swear...
-First Nepal
-Taking a jog wherever I want to go, and feeling totally comfortable, any time of day, then when I'm worn out, just hopping on a bus back home
-Bus #98,  95, 01, 06, 50, 25, and 27. These are my lifelines of travel
-4D movies. Yes, 4D. This means, you wear glasses for the 3D effect, and then your seat moves like a ride in Disney world
-MDream and all the amazing kids there - this is now synonymous with the song "Party Rock Anthem" - shuffling will forever be dear to my heart
-Speaking what little Korean I know. There's really no need to use it again where I live since I don't know many Koreans from home
-Not having to make small talk with strangers during daily activities; being totally anonymous in public

I'm sure I'll think of more things and then I'll just make another post detailing the things I missed.

Yep. 5 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot: "visiting Seattle". Ok, now that we have that cleared up. haha. I miss you and I'm thinking about you as you wrap up your time in Korea. I know its going to be hard in many ways to leave.

    ReplyDelete