Wednesday, January 18, 2012

6 Weeks

That's right, friends, family, and strangers who read this blog: I've got 42 days until I finish work ^_^ and that's not working days, that's THE WHOLE DARN THING.

I'm trying to help myself comprehend, so I took most of the art/junk down from my walls. They are bare now, and yet, I still can't believe I'm going to leave Korea. At the start of the year-long contract, it seemed to stretch on forever, Random things that got in the way and discouraged me made it seem like eternity. And now - - NOW, it's so soon! I've also gotten rid of a lot of clothes and extra things I've been accumulating but don't really need. I think I've booked almost every remaining weekend with a "to-do" or a trip with friends, so I won't be very good for packing near the end.

I'm looking forward to starting over (again.) Maybe it makes people uncomfortable to constantly be changing their surroundings, picking up and moving, but it's exciting for me. I really adore not having a lot of possessions so that I can pack a suitcase and head out. I like my belongings (or lack of) to reflect how unhindered I want to be in my mind. I want to rely only on God for the things I need, and by having fewer things, that's an opportunity for God to provide. I'm also more grateful for what I already have.

I'm not going to proofread this now. I need to run to work. Maybe this has a ton of grammatical/spelling/weird errors, but I'll look at that later. You'll understand what I'm trying to communicate, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment