Monday, January 2, 2012

the first post of 2012

Happy 2012!! I'm so excited for this new year - so much will happen, I can feel it!

I went back to work today after more than a week off for Christmas break. I am so sorry to be a downer about this, but that was absolutely one of the worst holiday seasons I've ever had. It was brightened considerably by spending it with KatieMichael, but that doesn't change the fact that I had bronchitis, had to go to the hospital, and was in a fevered haze for the first few days of vacation. Also, being away from my family was the pits. Thanksgiving wasn't so bad - - Thanksgiving is certainly nice to have with family, but it's nothing like Christmas. Christmas, I need my family.

I spent the rest of the week being bored and sick, and sleeping in order to feel better. I just adore having a purpose and feeling needed, so going back to work came at just the right time.

NOW - I get to process going home in two months, being separated from this little life that I've made myself here. The next few weeks will be filled with graduation preparation. My 6-year-old students will perform a skit and some songs that I put together...we'll see how that goes...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Leigh, my name is Chelsey and I stumbled across your blog about 5 minutes ago. I am due to start my own adventure in Korea this year and yes, I too have started my very first blog. I am to be employed at LCI Gwangju- Which I take it, is the school you are about to leave.

    Im doing a little research while I wait for my visa to be processed. I have seen some nasty things posted on the internet about the school and although my recruiter put my mind at ease about it, I also see from giving your blog a quick squiz, that it really does seem to be quite decent.

    I wanted to ask you if I could forward you any menial questions that I might have about the job- I consider you to be a reliable source.

    Thanks for the blog, have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsey! Hopefully you'll check back on here...email me and we'll talk: leighmargaretmanning@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete