Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Tuesday Back

Another day that went by too quickly. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm complaining...I really do enjoy my job, really, but I'm torn: I want to experience these wonderful little children and at the same time I want to go home. Homesickness is a dull ache for me now. The culture shock isn't as shocking as it once was. I just realize that South Korea was never on my wish list. It's an awesome place to make a pit stop in life (i.e. saving some money/paying back loans) but I can see this experience being more about growing me spiritually than anything else. And we all know that growth hurts like heck.



 This evening I will be p90xing with Yoga and doing some homework. Green books (as featured above^) are weekly updates to the parents on how their children are coming along in class. Quite the chore, when there are eleven to be evaluated. In a couple of weeks we have a parent-teacher conference, in which (I'm told) I will be doing all of the talking since there is a language barrier and I'm the one who spends the most time with their children. Oh life.

I was a little disheartened this morning, only because I had a wonderful three day weekend. Disgruntled that I had to face reality again. And feeling weak. I can't do this on my own. After a chat and prayer with my mom, I felt refreshed and ready to conquer with the Lord! He got me through with amazing dexterity. Thank you to all my friends that are prayerful with me. It's such an encouragement when I can share God with you, or just knowing that you're praying/thinking of me. Thank you. Goodnight, Korea and good morning, USA.

4 comments:

  1. When do you come home?

    Lisa J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sizzoh! I miss you and I love you! I was searching through all your stuff last night looking for your portraits you were taking and I can't find them! I think you have a tumblr, maybe? Something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you're blogging again (:
    It's really encouraging to see how you lean on the Lord so heavily these days. It inspires and pushes me forward in my walk. Thank you for sharing your life with us, lady.

    Praying for you!! <3

    ReplyDelete