Friday, June 17, 2011

It ain't about tha -uh- buh-blang, buh-blang

Parent/Teacher Evals = CHECK.

I am so relieved! God has given me favor in this school and I'm praying that it sticks! I met with most of my student's moms and they were so gracious. It was precious seeing their eager faces, hoping that I had praise for their children. I had my friend and coworker translate for all of them except one. Max's mom could speak English very well and understand it even better, so she and I met alone. It's DONE. It was cool seeing them, and realizing why my kids look like they do. They are miniatures of their parents, for sure.

Now, I'm sitting in my (mostly) clean apartment and pondering a nap. I'm helping a friend move out of her place today, so that's going to happen later.

Hey, everyone, I'm getting more comfortable here! Not that comfort should ever be my aim (I get really selfish and think that my life is all about making me feel at ease,) but it's nice to not feel so foreign. I mean, duh, yeah, I look like a sore thumb among these beautiful Asian people...you know what I mean. Not everything is blasting "NEW" at me anymore. I am pretty self-sufficient. And I like it.

Oh, and my mom comes in a little over a month ^_^ TOO HAPPY FOR WORDS. It is going to be magical.

GPOY I got new [fake] hipster glasses; I strive to be ironic so that I can fit in Edition:




No comments:

Post a Comment