Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Recovery

Day 5 of my vacation finds me in my humble apartment, fighting off bronchitis. Cool. Actually, I don't mind it so much. No, I'm not going someplace awesome like Thailand or Japan, or Malaysia, but I couldn't even if I was well, because I didn't budget for that.

I didn't realize it would be a bit lonely, how much I take work for granted, and just seeing people everyday. But this is the rest I needed. I've been going and going, barely stopping to eat right. At least I was eating. Now, I'm desperately trying to put weight back on because I look like an anorexic. I was nauseous near the beginning of this sickness and it took its toll. I hate being skinny. I have never felt more ugly.

I've been able to rest and I end up napping for a couple of hours during the day. I try not to, so I can get to bed at a decent time, but when the afternoon rolls around, fighting off sleep is tough, especially with such a comfy bed...

Yesterday, I went to the GFN radio station and did a tag interview - some fun thing that the station does for foreigners. I was asked a bunch of questions about myself and was allowed to talk to my heart's content. At first I got a little flustered with the glaring "On Air" sign, the headphones on, and the microphone in my face, so when I listen to it tonight I'm sure I'll cringe at the obvious brain farting - but I soon settled into it. I had so much fun! Sometimes it's good to just talk. For someone to ask questions and to feel no qualms about hogging the whole conversation. Most of the time I feel a bit guilty if I've talked all about myself (I mean, duh, I'm not going to feel guilty about this because it's my blog,) but with the interview, I was expected to. Since it's a "tag interview" that means that one week I'm the interviewee and the next week I choose someone to interview. My friend, Rachel, agreed to do it, but she doesn't have a phone so it's a waiting game with facebook to see what time she's available...

No comments:

Post a Comment