Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I apologize for the many depressing posts. Looking back over them, I realize they are heavy. If you didn't know me, (face to face that is,) you might not know that I actually have happy moments in my life! And no matter how angst-ridden my blog is, I do have an underlying joy. I feel comfortable enough with my small audience (or if no one reads this, that would be just as well) to type out the inner-workings of my heart. Since I'm coming upon another transition in my life, I will warn you that there will be more rambling, whiny posts, crying out for direction. Unless direction comes sooner than I expect...

I had a lovely sick day yesterday. I really despise taking sick days, since it doesn't enter into Korea's vocabulary, and Korean people forge ahead, come fever or pneumonia. I happened to be flattened by a bad migraine. I woke up at 3 am, awakened by the pain pounding in my head, and was able to sleep again an hour later. Up again at 7, I decided the day was better spent in bed, rather than being angry at my poor, oblivious students. A headache-y Margy Teacher is not a good teacher.

Today, it was back to work. I found the day went considerably faster while I was working, than yesterday, when I was in and out of sleep. Funny how staying busy, or rather, having a purpose, makes life more enjoyable. This is what I'm most afraid of: going back to the States, where I will rest for the minimum of one month (it could be longer, depending on how exhausted I am from life.) I can foresee myself laying around the house all day, wishing for an occupation, something to give my life meaning. Some way to serve. I'm so frightened of being still. Maybe this is something I need to work on? Because God likes us to be still and ponder him.

I have nothing else to say.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Having purpose makes your days fuller. I think, because I have been unemployed for a while, that's why NaNoWriMo was so easy for me this year. I needed a purpose.

    ReplyDelete