Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jinju for Chuseok

Here again, with my lovely friends, Katie and Michael. I'm really enjoying having people from home so close. It's like having family to hang out with - and family just happens to be some of my favorite people :-)

Recently, God told me "wait," but I wasn't sure what for. I'm not a patient person, so this is like telling me not to blink for 5 minutes = super uncomfortable. I've been getting antsy with about 5ish months left in my contract, because I'd like to know what my next step is. So, in church today, Pastor Jeremy spoke of Joshua, and how Israel's new leader would take them to the Promised Land. This only happened after Moses was gone, when that part of the Israelite's season of history had ended. This could have left Joshua feeling lost and confused, his mentor having passed away. But this is exactly what Joshua needed in order to step up and become the leader that God designed him to be.

I've always thought that my life paralleled those fickle people of God. I've been in situations that were similar to the bondage in Egypt, then being free from slavery but still looking back on it and longing for what used to be - and right now is my "desert" time. The 40-years-in-the-desert time. The cool thing is, God still allows things to thrive in a barren wasteland, and gives strength to those that rest. A desert doesn't have to zap all the life out of you - it can actually instill life and revive you.

The next step: God would have me plan. He would have me put some solidity to my future, go to him in prayer and then step out in faith. When the Israelite's were going to the Promised Land, they had to cross the Jordan River. There was so much flooding that fording it was impossible. God instructed that the Levites (the priests) go out into the river, carrying the ark of the covenant, and with that, the river would stop flowing. It did, and the ground was dry enough for all the Israelites to pass through to the other side. It was only after the Levites took that step of faith into the water that anything happened. They could have waited and worried on the banks, thinking that it was impossible to cross the waters. All that was needed was to step out, because faith is an action.

What in your past is hindering you from our future? Let it go. Forgive the old hurt. I say this in an effort to reinforce it within myself. I'm holding onto scars that closed up long ago because I think that remembering them will prevent it from happening again. This doesn't do a darn thing. I cannot be bitter. I will not be bitter. No tainted water.

God wants to give you so much more than you could ever imagine. This is a new season. That means that old friendships may fade away and leave you a little empty feeling. Keeping walking. God is going to rain down blessings like you could never imagine. Sometimes you get rid of something taking up space to make room for the new and improved version. It's going to be awe-inspiring. You want to move forward? Pick up your feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment