Friday, September 9, 2011

Chuseok

Chuseok is the Korean equivalent to an American Thanksgiving...except there are no turkeys, cranberries or big black hats with brass buckles. The children at my school dressed in tradition Hanboks, the traditional Korean dress. It literally means "Korean Clothing" - these garments are beautiful! As a costumer, I was drooling over the colors and layers.

 Max, demonstrating how to make Song Pyeon, a sweet Korean treat.

Candy. She was breathtakingly regal in her dress. I know that sounds strange to say about a 6-year-old, but she had this crown hair piece and was holding her head high on her long neck. Seriously, she's going to be a supermodel someday.

6 of 11 

 Jadey. Beautiful little girl.

Making Song Pyeon 

Christina and Izzy. They wanted a "twin" picture because their Hanboks were so similar. Or "same-same," as the phrase goes. 

David and Vincent. Both are camera-hogs. 

 Max and Alex. They masquerade as gremlins but are actually incredibly intelligent.

Too many pictures hahaa 

Vin didn't mind having his picture taken. His hand wasn't in protest, but simply because he wanted me to take a picture of it. 

The Crew! I can't believe this is 11. They seem like more when they're running around, full of energy and mischief. After helping them change out of their Hanboks and into regular clothes, I felt like I had completed a marathon! I understand how moms feel now, when they have 3+ kids to get ready in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment