Wednesday, October 19, 2011

just the blueprint of a blueprint

The Eat, Pray, Love author has finally admitted that there is a God - - but she's still saying that all roads lead to salvation. *Sigh* ah well. I'm not so agitated with the book anymore. It passes the time during my acupuncture sessions.

Did I mention that I've been having acupuncture for my right hip for almost two weeks now? Well, I have. And actually, it's something that I look forward to. It's a chance for me to relax after a long day of work. To close my eyes if I want to. To slow down and read for a half hour. I really, truly look forward to being stuck with several needles in my rear end every evening. And there's no sarcasm there.

Tomorrow's Thursday already - the weeks continue to fly by. I have mixed feelings about this: on the one hand, I don't want my life to speed along; conversely, I'm impatient and I always look forward to the next thing. The quick passage of time is (sometimes) something I welcome.

I've already had people asking, "So, what's next?"

...What is the next step? What will I do with my life? This has been an eventful year, but it's time to really get down to business and start climbing that career ladder, right, Leigh Margaret?

No.

I used to have all these desires. I wanted to do A., B., and C. by the time I was 22. And here I am, about to be 24 (according to Korea, haha) and I've not accomplished anything like I thought I would. I am so thankful that I didn't. If my "dream" had come true, I would be unhappily married in a small town in Eastern NC. Wishing that I could be designing costumes somewhere reputable. As it is, I'm a free lady living abroad, not using the major that I slaved over, or the previously proclaimed passions - and I'm so content with that idea. Sure, I get uncomfortable with life here and there, but I'm really so pleased with so many opportunities ahead of me.

That being said, I feel that God has changed my heart's desires and direction. I've been pondering eternity (a lot) recently, and my life looks so small. I'll be gone in a blink - but THEN, oh my goodness. To live forever is dizzying. That's why I want to make the most of the little time I have on this Earth. What can I do that will really make a difference? What is it that's going to change lives and be a positive influence for God?

I can't answer these questions right now. Before, I was hearing "wait," and now I see that God needed to refocus my mind. I hope to stay flexible and open to whatever, whenever, and wherever.


No comments:

Post a Comment