Sunday, May 15, 2011

I have been complacent

But it's not entirely my fault! I didn't have ample access to internet for two weeks. I felt that God would have me take a break from my laptop for a week, and although I was reluctant, I was obedient. A friend mentioned that God isn't legalistic and so I should be alright checking my only form of communication every morning at work. (I have yet to get a phone. In fact, I think I'll keep it that way - but that's another monologue.) About the 5th day into my fast, I was thinking that maybe God would be satisfied that I finished the "work week" and not the full seven days. When I went to turn on my internet, I found it had been disconnected. Awesome. But really, I didn't realize until later that by going without internet before I had to, God was preparing me for the withdrawals I would have when I couldn't communicate from my apartment. On Thursday last I broke the week-and-a-half fast.

I don't have much else to say. Life is still plodding along. I am much more comfortable. It usually takes a short while for me to acclimate to a place, but this time has been the longest - most likely because I still cannot read the street signs. Ah well.

I'm excited to see my children this morning. I get to where I'm missing them come Sunday morning. Too bad real life parenting isn't like this - I keep them for half the day, drop them off on the weekends and pick them back up on Monday. However, it is a nice prep-course in case I am blessed with children some day.

1 comment: