Monday, August 1, 2011

4:30. AM.

That's what time Hostel dwellers in Busan call it a night. From the streets, that is. My mom and I got a private room (because that's all there was available) and now I'm thankful that we could have some form of seclusion. 4:30 IN THE MORNING, some guy with no hair and no shirt opened our sliding doors and let the light from the hallway rush in. "There's two in here!!" he shouted triumphantly. Yep. You found us.

I walked out to the living area three times to tell them to quiet down. One girl gave me a death look and I wanted to punch her in the ovaries AND in the face, simultaneously. I didn't, because I wasn't in the mood for multitasking. But man, she could have gotten it.

Things calmed down around 5:30 and I was able to sleep until 8. Oh. My. Goodness. Are hostels always this noisy??

3 comments:

  1. I was in a hostel in Venice that had walls that didn't go all the way to the ceiling. We could hear two women having sex over the wall. That was hard to sleep through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. they are always that loud. the ones in mexico were pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We experienced it and now we can say that we did. Don't think I ever will again! :-)

    ReplyDelete