Friday, April 8, 2011

Have I mentioned that I am exactly where God wants me to be?

I knew that this South Korea thing happened quickly, and I didn't even think that perhaps I was getting into the best possible circumstances. Most of the events leading up to coming here came and went smoothly. I was able to get my paperwork in before the deadline and I was placed with a school that acts more like a family than an employer. For instance: my boss covered my medical expenses about a month ago when I was in the hospital with no insurance and $95 short of being able to pay the bill. I was floored that he was so quick to pay my way, and even more astounded when he didn't take the money I owed him out of my paycheck. He just let it go. He said it was fine. I spoke with his wife (the other boss) and she said he was glad to do it, and that he doesn't do that for everyone. Thank you, Lord, for giving me favor when I specifically asked for it!

Other than just being here, and being with an amazing organization, I wasn't sure that I had a real purpose. Sure, I wanted to pay off loans - but that's every ex-college student's job. We are slaves to our educational dept. I knew I wanted to travel and see new places (and I did not prepare myself for living in a land where I was an alien,) but I didn't know exactly why I was here.

I'm still kind of fuzzy on this subject, but God is beginning to reveal hints of a reason: Elijah's story about wanting to hear God through a fire, an earthquake, and a storm, but only really hearing the Lord through a whisper of a wind, has really struck a chord with me. A friend mentioned it a couple days ago and I've been studying that subject in the Bible. Just last night, I received prayer from someone that doesn't even know me, and lives on the other side of the world. It said this:

Lord God I lift up my sister to You. I thank You that You’re bringing her into a new season. I thank You that You have made her whole! I thank You that the old has gone and the new is here. I thank You that You are stripping away sin and pride and selfishness and replacing that heart of stone with a heart of flesh. I thank You that she longs to know and love You more and more. Father, open up her ears to hear Your voice. Lord, You are never silent; Jesus Christ was the greatest revelation of who You are, and we have Your very Word, complete and accessible to us. Your Spirit speaks, Your Spirit speaks. Sometimes You choose to speak in funny ways - not in the wind or fire or earthquake, but in a whisper. You speak in the finest of whispers. Spirit, work in my sister’s heart so she can hear Your voice clearly. Help her to hear Your voice through Your body, and help her to always hear You through her daily bread. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.


All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
- 2 Timothy 3:16
For the word of God is living and active,sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- Hebrews 4:12
How can it be that this woman has never met me, and yet knows me? What she prayed isn't vague stuff. It's really me she's talking about!! God is so cool. He brings spirits together and we are close because of him. He allows relationships to take leaps that otherwise would stay surface-y and shallow. I recently met a friend and we've only known each other a couple of weeks. This girl and I are from totally different sides of the world and our testimonies are radically different - but we have God in common. Since we met, we've felt a mutual bond that we can't explain. As if we've been in each other's lives for years.
God bridges so many cultures. He brought me here to hide me, to let me regroup, to refocus, to get back to him. To realize that he is bigger than the US, that he is a God of many nations and that there are people that don't even speak my language that I can connect with about him.
When I typed "bridges" just now, I was reminded that it was a word I received just a couple of weeks before I departed for Korea. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it. Still not sure if there's anything to do with it, but at least life is beginning to make more sense.
Lord, please open my ears to hear you, my eyes to see you more clearly, and my heart to love you more everyday. I want to love the people you created. Give me a heart that is tender. Break it all into pieces.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY SDFHJKLKJHGFDFGHIKLOKUYGFDGHJ!!!!
    FREAKING TEDDY HART (Dust's pastor) PREACHED ON THOSE EXACT VERSES IN ELIJAH ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I pretty much just lost my mind right now.
    HOW AWESOME IS THE LORD?!?!?!!

    Also: bridges? Yes. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT BLOWS MY MIND ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!! For serious.

    ReplyDelete