Friday, April 15, 2011

a few things

I think this will be a bulleted post, as I don't feel like being eloquent:

- This was a glorious week. It went quickly. It was amazing. The weather is getting warmer. I am high on endorphins right now.
- I found the Central Park of Gwangju! My nostrils were as wide as my eyes, trying to take in all the wonderful, sweet nature smells. I don't get enough of that living in a city. I was pleased to discover that Korea does have a springtime(!!) It had been cold for so long, I was going a little crazy.
- I went jogging for over a half hour! Granted, it wasn't 40 consecutive minutes - I needed to stop for a breather about 10 minutes in, but I'm amazed at what my body can do! Just a couple months ago, I couldn't run 10 minutes without getting winded.
- I'm really getting into this God stuff. I know, I've been a Christian basically all my life - but it's taken me about 15 years to be hungry for the good stuff. He's providing so much more than I could ever imagine: money, friends and just general joy.
- Dare I say that I'm beginning to like living here....??? This week has ranged from satisfactory to elation, which is basically a spectrum of goodness.

I will leave you with pic of me immediately after my run, photos of my children and even a video!

Enjoy.


The weight's FINALLY back. Yeah, I know, I still look skinny. But guys, my weight for many years has been that of a toothpick. It (my weight) was so up and down last year with all the transitions that were stressing me out. I'm a piggy eater when I live alone, but it translates well. I'm still workin' on it...gaining, that is.

Alright, enough with the GPOY.

Children:


Candy. I don't know why Korea is crazy about this name. I think they're unaware that it's a popular stripper name...seriously, everyone's name is Candy. Even my renegade, pink fish.


Jade, the camera hog. This kid LOVES taking pictures. I wish this wasn't blurry.



Sandy-Dandy. I told her that is my grandma's name. She didn't know what to think.


Silly faces.


Pondering the food pyramid.


My little ham-bone, Alex.


It's a jolly holiday with Jolly...! I sing that at her all the time and now the other kids have picked up on it. I think there's something wrong with her vocal chords - she has the voice of a fly.


Jade and Izzy


Izzy girl


Oh, Christina. Her mom is always writing me notes asking if she's speaking English well and expressing herself. I think this definitely counts as self-expression.


Looking to get a laugh from her classmates. She's my female class clown.


My kids are quite punny. They say things like, (on Tuesday) "Today is TOOTHday!!" and point to their little chicklet teeth. Or they call me Monkey Teacher, instead of Margy Teacher. Here, they are demonstrating that they think the little red fruit that you make into jam are called STRONGberries.


Banana eyes.


Everyday I WANT TO EAT THEM UP


I was so pleased with her dress. I think her mom made it...


Jolly's always creepin' on me haha.Those little teeth and her smirk-y face.


What took up circle time this week.


This baby makes me want a Korean baby. He asks way too many questions but is so sweet. The other day, I was speaking sternly to them and said, "If you have a question please raise your hand!" Johnny raised his hand and after I called on him, he said, "I love you, Margy Teacher...?" MELTS. MY. HEART.


Wild in the hallways. This is not allowed usually, but I mean, I want kids to be kids, you know?


Lining up for the bathroom. They're well-behaved when they want to be.


I do this about 6 times a day: stand and wait for them to use the bathrooms. We've gotten pretty good at it.


Who wouldn't love a face like this??!




3 comments:

  1. "grapes grapes grapes grapes p p p p grapes"
    I busted out laughing.

    I find it really interesting how some of the young girls have such deep voices.

    Also: fruit is an orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they DO have low voices!! And yes, "fruit is an orange," is the side-effect of speaking Konglish all day and not focusing on what I'm trying to say hahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strong-berries! Hahaa!

    ReplyDelete