Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A quiet evening

This is one of my favorite times of day. When I can veg out on in my self-designated comfy chair, laptop in hand, knitting in the other, my family lounging about the living room and some obscure classic or BBC movie playing. Since I've been home on a break, I've come to value time. To not look at the clock and want to compete with it. (Difficult for me, since I'm one of the most competitive people I know.) I've really had to dig deep and discover what I like to do in my free time, how I best enjoy entertaining myself. Being a kinesthetic learner (learn by doing, hands-on kind of thing,) it's difficult for me to appreciate down-time. I love a challenge, a schedule, the busyness of life. I salivate at the idea of an agenda. Not a strict one, mind you - I like spontaneity, not rigidity, in a schedule. But keeping myself occupied is the main point.

I've been knitting and sewing more than I ever cared to. I have this idea that I could put my arts and crafts talents to use by selling some items on etsy.com...possible? I hope so. I would love to organize this, but I'm not sure where I would start.

So, I'll leave this post with a nod to the old movie we're watching: "Dial M for Murder." Work that updo, Grace Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment